CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Yakisoba

The other night we made Yakisoba! It was sooo good. They have these grill things that you set on the table and then just plug in, which is how we cooked the entire meal.


Other random things pertaining to food:

  • Everyone has their own individual rice bowl and set of chopsticks.
  • There are extra long chopsticks that are used for cooking.
  • The dairy in Japan is not very good, and I don't think that dairy is eaten that often here. Two of the girls at orientation said they came back lactose intolerant. D: Luckily though my family eats yogurt every morning.
  • At school, everyone packs their own obento lunch, which is the most delicious lunch ever. My obento set has the Aristocats on it and is very kawaii. (I will post a picture soon)
  • So far nothing here is spicy! It's the only thing that I really do miss. People keep warning me that certain foods are spicy right as I'm about to eat them, but I'm not tasting it. It's not that amazing set-your-mouth-on-fire spicy. Someone send me a jar of chili peppers please. lol
  • Besides the dairy, all the food here is AMAZING!

1 comments:

Dasha said...

I like the milk here. But yeah, the cheese is... kind of eh. And yeah.
And they don't have spicy food ever. Ever. Ask for kimchi if you want something spicy :)