CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 16, 2008

First Dinner Together

On the way home from the train station, my host family had asked me what my favorite food was. I replied that it was sushi, thinking that they were just curious and making conversation. At dinner time I came downstairs to a huge sushi dinner. It was fabulous and so sweet of them. My host grandparents live right next door and come over to eat dinner with us every night. So far everyone seems to speak a little bit of English except for the grandmother.

Random things that I have found amusing:

  • the TV has a remote control specifically for rotating it
  • there are lights underneath the stair railing
  • when you flush the toilet, water in the sink automatically starts running
  • we are constantly changing slippers for everything: indoor slippers, bathroom slippers, backyard slippers, outside shoes.
  • I have my own set of sheets and towels that are very kawaii: pink with bunnies

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want sheets that are pink with bunnies!!!! =D

Anonymous said...

How sweet to be next door to the grandparents!!