CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Day two of school

This morning I got to take the bus to school! I have enough trouble figuring out buses in America. Figuring them out in a language I don't understand was torture.

The first class this morning was communications. It was entirely in English!!!!! You have no idea what a relief that was. It was actually a lot of fun watching the Japanese kids trying to learn English prepositions. Listening to them speak was adorable! The girls I sat next to seemed to be eternally grateful for my help. And helping them out seemed to make me even more kawaii.

After two different communications classes was the English class. I'd really like to know where all the English was, because the class was taught entirely in Japanese, and the few English words that the sensei did utter were painful to listen to.

After that was lunch break, and then Math. I was completely lost the entire time. The book we were working from had more kanji in it then numbers. The girl I sat next to though, Ayano, was extremely helpful. All Japanese students seem to have little pocket translators and Ayano was busy the entire class typing every kanji phrase into it and showing me the translation. It was so sweet. And she's the first friend I've made who hasn't showered me with exclamations of "kawaii!" That was a huge relief.

After school a group of girls found me and asked if we were riding the bus together. I have no idea how they knew that I would be on their bus, but thank goodness they did or I would have been completely lost.

Today everyone was fascinated with my "kawaii" long eyelashes, and hugging me. Whoever said that the Japanese people don't hug was painfully mistaken.

0 comments: