CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Akihabara

After we checked into the Hotel Universe, our YFU person, Sato-san, took us to an "American" restaurant for dinner. It was pretty funny to see the Japanese interpretation of American food. It was all sea-food spaghetti, and sea-food pizza, and house salad with octopus on top, and matcha ice cream banana splits...
Afterwards she decided to take us to Akihabara. We only had time to go to the main Akiba store, and then walk up the street of endless other shops, but even at that I was not disappointed. After three years of wanting to see the place, it was every bit as magical as I always thought it would be. Seeing it at night just made it all the better. It was an endless sea of color and lights in the midst of a pitch black night. Unfortunately though, my camera's battery died right as we walked off the subway.

1 comments:

Dasha said...

Oh man, AKIBA! I'm sort of terrified of going there after the stabbing last week, but... I'm guessing it's still safer than the rest of the world.
I WANNA GO TO TOKYO!