CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

English Class

Every week my host mom goes to her English class with an instructor from America. I went with her the first week, and somehow the entire class turned into a question and answer session with me. The five older women all got to go around and take turns telling me about themselves and then asking me questions. It was all very cute. Then the English instructor invited me to come back on Thursday nights for the class that he holds for college students. It's been really fun! There are always about a dozen or so Japanese students, and then a bunch of students from all over the world. I've met a girl from Sydney, a girl from Switzerland, two boys from America, and then this past week there was a whole group who had just flown in from England! They're here for a month to visit different colleges and help out with the English classes. I got to visit with the girl from Cambridge University, Hannah, and then also one of the guys from Oxford, Peter. It was kind of funny because he started talking about treacle and I was the only non-British person there who knew what in the world he was talking about. Also, all of the Japanese girls thought that Hannah (the girl in the green shirt) and I were sisters.

1 comments:

capizena said...

You do resemble each other, and because I'm a fellow whitie it's not just the phenotype stereotype!