CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Meysen Kindergarten

Since I arrived here, everyone has been asking me if I have been to Meysen Kindergarten yet. The question seemed a bit odd; yes, my Japanese is very limited and I would probably get more out of kindergarten then out of high school, but still, why is EVERYONE asking that question?

Saturday evening Midori, my host mom, and I went to a YFU meeting for Midori's departure to America. And it was at the kindergarten! Yes, it was very cute but besides the numerous cages of fuzzy little rodents, I did not see anything special about it - until we went outside after the meeting.

Maysen kindergarten had the playground to end all playgrounds. And I'm not even a huge fan of playgrounds. This was incredible though! The slides were monstrous! And there were rock-walls, and monkey bars, and amazing things you've never even seen before, and things that could spin faster then should be possible without being electronic, and then you'd walk a little ways through all the beautiful trees that surround everything and find even more slides and jungle gyms.

Amazingly fun slides. (Let's forget about the fact that I was wearing a skirt)

Jungle gym #17 was hiding in the trees


This was actually even taller then it looks in the picture, and on the other side was a yellow slide which was pretty much just a steep drop.

And they had actual ponies! At a kindergarten!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wtf!?!?! i want a pony!!!! =D

Anonymous said...

You have a hot butt!

Anonymous said...

You have a hot butt!

capizena said...

Yes, the conspicuous consumption of the Japanese wealthy is something that has to be gotten used to.

eli said...

I'm currently in Japan with YFU and went to MeySen too... taking the gorilla slide picture and using it on my blog if you don't mind. :) I gave you credit, of course. link here: http://kichisaburou.blogspot.com/

Lexi said...

Eli,

Definitely feel free to use the picture! That's so cool that you got to see MeySen!

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRikPM62z4c&feature=related

By the way Eli and Miracle know each other.

Joan said...

I personally taught at the school in the '80s and it was a public kindergarten!!! Yes.....all were welcome. Because of its popularity, they had to have a lottery for enrollment. and the permanent teachers were as humble and kind as can imagine! Elitism is not what the place is about. The administration simply believes in doing things in a way that will bring glory to God. :)