CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Libraries

Japan, or at least the Sendai area, seems to have some pretty awesome libraries. My host mom has taken me to three so far, and they've all been completely different and equally amazing.

The first one was in downtown Sendai, a couple weeks back. It had crazy architecture, such as the glass elevators, and was decorated very retro.


The second library we were invited to because one of my host mom's friends actually works there. They had a bunch of activities set up for little kids, which we watched for a while, and then we went upstairs to the media room. It was so cool! They had dozens of large television sets set up with seats that had headphone jacks, and you could use them to watch any movie you wanted. My host mom and I spent the afternoon watching Kiki's Delivery Service.

The third library is actually right next to my school and from the outside looks like a huge metal spacestation. My host mom brought me there for the first time after school on Friday. It was so beautiful, with glass windows that looked out over the endless forests covering the entire height of the two-story building. It wasn't just a library either. There seemed to be a small arena and a coffee shop as well.

0 comments: