CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Parachutes

It's already Saturday again. It's terrifying how fast the weeks are flying. Today my host mom and I picked up Obaachan and then went to a fancy restaurant for Lunch. It was amazing. I've decided though that I don't like fish in custard. or jellied fish. Jellyfish is good though.

After lunch we drove for a while through the beautiful Japanese countryside, and my host mom told me that we were going to "a mountain." I was slightly confused, you don't just go to "a mountain" for no reason. Was it for hiking? A famous monument? Some historical sight? After a while, we parked the car at the base of a small hill and started walking. Beyond a group of trees that were standing in the way, there was a gorgeous hillside, surrounded by forest, with families having picnics, and dozens of parachuters soaring down the hill. It was so cool. There was a rickety little chairlift that we rode to the top of the hill/mountain and from there you could see the view over all of Sendai. The funnest part though was all of the parachuters. We were able to watch them take off and go soaring off into the distance. It looked like so much fun!!!

0 comments: