CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 27, 2008

Automatic Rice Machine

This was the strangest thing ever. Seriously.

On the way home from my host mom's English class, we stopped at this little booth and she asked me to please carry a large bag of brown rice in for her. We went inside, fed the machine a 100-yen coin, and the entire booth started shaking like crazy. We poured all the brown rice down a chute, and waited, and waited, and it felt like the little booth was about to blow up, and then white rice suddenly started flying out of the other chute. I am so confused. Why not just buy white instead of brown rice in the first place?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so confusing - why did they buy the brown rice if they wanted white rice?

Anonymous said...

I suppose they got the brown rice directly from a farmer. Probably organic farming.

Veronica said...

Hey Alexa! It's Veronica. I asked my mom about this becaues I thought it was totally weird, and she told me the brown rice was actually probably white rice with the "husk"-ish part still on, and the machine removes it. It's very fresh, delicious, and healthy. At least that's what she told me. It sounds pretty cool! I want to go!