CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sendai Castle

This week Shirayuri School has exams Tuesday through Friday, so the principal asked me to please only come to school on Monday. I think more school weeks should be like this. lol. Yesterday my host mom and I took the subway to downtown Sendai, and then toured around Sendai City on the Loople bus. We saw some famous Sendai landmarks, and then got off at Sendai Castle.

History Note: Sendai Castle was built by the samurai Masamune Date, after he aided in the Battle of Sekigahara in 1600. Masamune was 34 years old at the time. The castle was destroyed in July 1945 due to an air attack on Sendai during the second world war. All that remains now is the wall.

The view from the wall was incredible! You could see the entire city, the green mountains beyond, and even the glimmer of the ocean in the distance.Lord Masamune Date

There was also a museum with relics that have been found from the castle. After that, we went to the library, which was really cool. I must admit though, it was a bit disturbing being in a building with millions of books that I couldn't read.

0 comments: