CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Strangeness of Japan

Yesterday, after my lunch of jellied fish, and fish custard, we had squids for dinner. Whole squids with the head and tail and everything. I think this is the part where my sense of culinary adventure begins to wane. The squids kind of creeped me out.


Then today my host mom and dad took me to Sendai’s famous Kanezaki Belle Factory, where they have all kinds of kamaboko. Kamaboko is a processed fish loaf made from pureed white fish, and in my opinion not something to brag about. Whoever decided to process fish into a chewy piece of fish cake should be punished. Kanezaki also had some really weird mechanical fish contraptions. It was definitely one of the strangest places I have ever seen.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lucy,

That squid looks fabulous. What I wouldn't do for some now. I just wish you could bring some home.

Any chance you will get to see Motsomoto?

Much Love,

Awesome Mother