CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Sweet Irony

Japanese sweets are the best, mainly because they are not as disgustingly sweet and loaded with sugar as American sweets, and they are a million times more delicious.

Still, I've been eating way too much, and in a hopeless attempt to cut back a bit, I started giving the sweets that my host-mom packs with my lunch to my classmates. At first it was great; they were super appreciative, and couldn't thank me enough (even if it was nothing more then one of those little chocolate filled koala cookies).


Then it backfired on me.


The Japanese are extremely fond of giving gifts, and never pass up an opportunity to do so. Now I am suddenly bombarded by a parade of sweets from my classmates everyday. Not just little things either. Apparently one little koala cookie = an entire box of Elise Wafers in return. I'm going to have enough Japanese confectionery to last me a year by the time I go home. So much for trying to have less of it. lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you and Chester can go on a diet together when you come home. His whole stomach drags when he has enough energy to walk to his food bowl.

Anonymous said...

lol maybe you'll gain some weight. i'm sure it won't matter much. you're so skinny anyway.

that's funny though.

~Jacenta